Beecrypt retired

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 11 19:48:43 UTC 2008

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> Nobody stepped up to maintain this crypto library which is no longer
> used by rpm or anything else in Fedora. So the next logical step is to
> retire this package from rawhide (dist-f9).

I've a third party application which depends on beecrypt, so I would claim
the ownership of this package at least on devel (maybe co-maintain on other
branches). If I don't hear any veto until tomorrow I would go through the
defined "Claiming Ownership of an Orphaned Package Procedure".

Greetings,
  Robert