Beecrypt retired

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 20:21:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 20:48 +0100, Robert Scheck wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Dec 2007, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> > Nobody stepped up to maintain this crypto library which is no longer
> > used by rpm or anything else in Fedora. So the next logical step is to
> > retire this package from rawhide (dist-f9).
>
> I've a third party application which depends on beecrypt, so I would claim
> the ownership of this package at least on devel (maybe co-maintain on other
> branches). If I don't hear any veto until tomorrow I would go through the
> defined "Claiming Ownership of an Orphaned Package Procedure".

It was already retired - it is removed from CVS in the devel branch. Not
that it is impossible to reintroduce it but wouldn't it be possible to
port the third party app to other crypto library? The beecrypt upstream
also seems almost dead.
If it is reintroduced it should pass a review probably because the old
beecrypt package was never revieved.
--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb