comps comps-f9.xml.in,1.299,1.300

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Mar 11 23:28:18 UTC 2008

Sebastian Vahl <ml <at> deadbabylon.de> writes:
> 3. use smart instead

More likely KPackage, which is the package manager which comes with KDE 4 and
which uses smart internally. But of course smart-gui could also be considered.

Another alternative would be Synaptic or the KDE version Kynaptic which is what
ArkLinux uses (but which isn't in the repo yet, the GTK+-based Synaptic is and
works fine). Those use apt-rpm internally.

And finally there's yumex, which uses yum. Maybe (being yum-based) that's the
best fallback if we can't get PackageKit to work and pirut/pup is dropped? It's
GTK+-based though, but so are both PackageKit-gnome and pirut/pup as well as
some of the alternatives.

(There's also KYum, but I don't think that's a good idea to ship, as it's long
dead upstream and has known unfixed bugs, some really bad ones like corrupting
the .repo file for Livna.)

        Kevin Kofler