Including RPM's for older versions of firefox (and other applications)

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed Mar 12 00:55:20 UTC 2008

With the inclusion of Firefox 3 in f9, how easy would it be to include
RPMs for older versions of firefox.

I do web development and while I can't wait to be able to use ff3 for
personal browsing, I still need to be able to test with ff2 (and ff1.x
would be nice too).

This is something that has always frustrated me about Windows.
Recently, I was offered IE7 as and update.  This is great, as I need to
be able to test this browser, but now I have no ie6 to test with.
Arghh.

Can we do better, by offering installs of older browsers that can be run
in parallel to make it easier to test browser based development?

R.
 It's much better on my side"