Including RPM's for older versions of firefox (and other applications)

John Reiser jreiser at BitWagon.com
Wed Mar 12 01:38:11 UTC 2008

Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> Can we do better, by offering installs of older browsers that can be run
> in parallel to make it easier to test browser based development?

If the .rpm is relocatable, then there is almost nothing to do:
get the other .rpm and install it in a non-default place.
If the .rpm is not relocatable, then there is almost nothing
that _can_ be done.  From the beginning the upstream project and
the packager must design for multiple concurrent installations and
concurrent yet separate dynamic invocations, and _test_ them.