Including RPM's for older versions of firefox (and other applications)

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed Mar 12 03:42:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 19:11 -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:

> > AF> The upstream tarball releases (ff 2.0.0.12 for instance) do not
> > AF> work due to missing libstdc++.so.5.
> >
> > yum install libstdc++.so.5
> >
> > Even in rawhide this should get you the proper compat-libstdc++-33
> > package.
>
> Aha thanks.  I was under the impression that wasn't there but of course..
> didn't look.  It works just fine.

So does this mean you might be willing to support/maintain this for f9?

I'm happy to help but to be honest I don't code at that sort of level.
My contributions to fedora are meager and include testing rawhide and
trying to file bugs when I can, along with the occasional chitchat on
the lists.

 It's much better on my side"