gnome-applets dependency problem

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Mar 12 13:04:40 UTC 2008

On 12.03.2008 13:34, seth vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 11:41 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> I'm getting this in Rawhide at the moment:
>>   Running rpm_check_debug
>>   ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve:
>>   Package gnome-applets needs libgnomekbd.so.1, this is not available.
>>   Package gnome-applets needs libgnomekbdui.so.1, this is not available.
>>   Package gnome-applets needs libxklavier.so.11, this is not available.
>> Any idea if there's a way to resolve this?
> What version of yum is reporting that?
> Could you file the complete output of yum -d 7 whatever_command_you_ran
> in bugzilla?

In case it matters: I ran into this problem yesterday on a x86_64 as
well when updating a F8 install+updates to rawhide. Seems F8 shipped and
installed a gnome-applets.i386 -- rawhide these days only contains a
x86_64 package. Thus I removed gnome-applets.i386 and its deps to work
around the problem. I filed it in my internal "multilib sometimes sucks"
category and didn't report it.

Do we care about this kind of problems these days (we afaics didn't in
the past)? Then I'll file a bug next time.

CU
knurd