Beecrypt retired

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 18:51:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Robert Scheck <robert at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>  HAHA. Somebody working for Fedora Project which is always telling not to
>  ship a private library but always use the system one suggests such a thing
>  to me? And I don't care about other distributions and well, beecrypt could
>  end up in a future EPEL release - even if I've to maintain there myself ;)

If the beecrypt upstream is dead....and you are wanting to do this
primarily to support a closed source application that won't be in
Fedora.... is maintaining this in Fedora appopriate?

I'm not sure it is.  If you un-retire this package, I believe this
will be prelude to a discussion concerning whether Fedora should
insist on there being an 'active' upstream for the component.

-jef