Summary of the 2008-03-11 Packaging Committee meeting

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 20:04:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
>  Your proposal equals closing down FPC, because hardly any decision in
>  FPC is unanimous.

My reading of events from this thread, the summary, and the minutes,
was that this was something not put forward as an agenda item, and it
came up as part of meeting discussion as new business during the
meeting. Closer inspection of the irclog in this weeks minutes and I
see that its holdover from last meetings business... I missed that the
first time through. Apologizes.   The minutes link for that previous
meeting seems to be missing in the wiki.

My suggestions were aimed at how to handle the scenario of something
coming up during the meeting that wasn't on the agenda for
discussion..generally.  If my reading of these events are wrong, as it
appears it was, and this was something that was on the agenda for that
meeting, then my suggestions aren't meant to apply.  At no point was I
suggesting that you need unanimous consent for all business, just for
things that come up during a meeting.

So another suggestion for Jason, at least to me it clearer to me.  In
the summary, can you try to point out old business from a previous
meeting that is being brought back for more discussion?  You don't
have to reference which meeting it was previously discussed at, but
just knowing its old business helps with context.

-jef