VNC in Fedora 9 beta

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 21:18:42 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 03:35:21PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 20:29 +0100, Adam Tkac wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've finished vnc porting to X server 1.5 today but F9 beta is already
> > frozen. Current Xvnc tagged for F9 beta works fine but libvnc.so
> > module to Xorg is badly broken and doesn't work. With new vnc all works
> > as expected (tested on i386 and x86_64) but there're quite many changes
> > in vnc source... Also X server has to be patched with simple patch and
> > tagged to F9 beta. What is your opinion? Patch to xorg is attached
>
> Did you run this patch by Xorg upstream?

Not yet. As I wrote above I was under heavy load and I didn't have
time to discuss that patch yet. Question is if we want it in F9 beta
or not. I believe ajax or Kristian Hogsberg will approve/disapprove it
for now and then apply it upstream (upstream patch should be more
sophisticated but current patch cannot break anything)

Adam

--
Adam Tkac, Red Hat, Inc.