Fedora sound nightmare (Pulseaudio)

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Thu Mar 13 23:10:48 UTC 2008

On Thu, 13.03.08 17:11, Dimi Paun (dimi at lattica.com) wrote:

> But as I explained, the gstreamer plugin for PA would just
> output the sound to my USB headphones, not the system speakers.

You can right click on a stream in pavucontrol and move it to another
output device. PA will then remember that for the next time.

You can also right click on a device in pavucontrol and make it the
default for all future applications.

> Google, etc, now I discovered that it's in a package called pavucontrol.
> Really nice name. How could mere mortals figure this one out? The naming
> leaves a lot to be desired...

It's installed by default and appears as "PulseAudio Volume Control"
in the menus. What more are you asking for? Would a name like
"gnome-volume-control-and-default-audio-device-setting-and-stream-to-another-device-moving-program"
suit you better? ;-)

Yes, I do admit that having the default device setting stuff and the
moving stuff in a volume control is not exactly obvious.

Lennart