Fedora sound nightmare (Pulseaudio)

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Fri Mar 14 03:09:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 23:25 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > But as I explained, the gstreamer plugin for PA would just
> > output the sound to my USB headphones, not the system speakers.
>
> Even after what I mentioned in 2) ?

Yes, even after you mentioned 2). It's true, I can move the
streams individually to the ALSA output, and that seems to
work fine (but without Lennart's help, I didn't figure it out,
because if you just open pavucontrol there's no stream listed
there if no app is playing silently in the background).

I think now PA bound somehow some apps to the USB sink and
setting the default doesn't work anymore...

> I see a lot of ill will, and not much closure. Does it work now, or
> not?

It kinda works in that I can go manually redirect each app to
ALSA. Far from ideal, but at least I get some sound out.

Thank you.

And no, I have no ill will towards PA. In fact I really appreciate
the work Lennart is doing to improve sound. But I am frustrated
by what I've been put through with this sound business. Anybody
in my place would have been. It'll pass...

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.