Fedora sound nightmare (Pulseaudio)

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 13:11:37 UTC 2008

2008/3/13, Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>:
> Folks,
>
>  As some of you might remember, I have experienced hell
>  with Fedora sound ever since, well, FC3 or maybe  earlier.
>  Every time I complained, I was told to file bug reports,
>  which I did, and nothing much was done about it.

Recipe of fully working Linux audio system:

* Disable selinux
* Disable *all* useless audio-related crap like arts/esound/pulseaudio
and so on (ALSA is good and mature solution for mixing audio streams).
* Unmute all channels and set appropriate volume levels to 100%
* Plug you computer to every cheap sound amplifier (Kenwood KAF-1030
in my case, costs ~150$) equipped with good loudspeaker (very
important part of any good audio setup).

Enjoy of total audio control with remote control or with comfortable
handle on amp! Forget about mess with audio setup in every popular
operating system (Mac OS X/Windoze/Linux).

--
With best regards!