Empathy/Pidgin? [Was: Re: rawhide report: 20080313 changes]

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Fri Mar 14 22:20:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 10:30 +0100, Denis Leroy wrote:

> >> Define "better." =)
> >>

> > Unless it supports every IM protocol that Pidgin does and
> > brings big improvements such as voice/video and performance
> > then there is no questions about it ( And I mean voice/video support no
> > experimental
> > half baked thing or empty next release promises).
> >
> > If it does not match Pidgin and do one better..
> > Then Pidgin should continue to be the default until Empathy or some
> > other IM does..
>
> +1, for the same reasons firefox is default over epiphany.

One of my <tongue location="cheek">favorite features</tongue> of pidgin
at the moment is that I have to restart it after each resume as it seems
to 'close on suspend.  This is a new feature that arrive with 2.4.0 and
I'm pretty sure I don't like it.

Have others noted this feature too?

 It's much better on my side"