Fedora 9 Beta, PackageKit and system-config-printer

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 17:15:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 13:09 -0400, James Antill wrote:
>  As much as I like PK for solving some problems, do we really need to
> have the Fedora build system depend on it? I can't imagine that writing
> the above directly using yum APIs would be that much work, no?

Ohh, you don't need to use PK on koji. If koji could spit out a
directory of .desktop files after they have been built then I can just
slurp them in at PK build time and give everything pretty icons and
localized descriptions, and even prompt to install the right thing for
an unknown extension.

In my dream fantasy world there would be a directory:

fedoraproject.org/random/offline-desktop/gnome-screensaver/gnome-screensaver.desktop

I could just slurp in this directory and then do some magic stuff.

Richard.