Java packages, guidelines, ...

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Mar 18 10:41:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 01:17:15AM +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> There are a bunch of packages blocking F-GUIDELINES on the ground of being Java
> packages and the Java guidelines not being finalized. Yet there are another
> bunch of Java packages which have been in Fedora for years. This is
> inconsistent and just generally doesn't make sense. If what we have now is good
> enough for all the existing packages, why wouldn't it be for new ones? And once
> the guidelines are finalized, the packages can always be fixed to conform to
> them.

I understand your reasoning, I have pleaded the same on the packaging list, but
  without results. So now I've volunteered to pick up working on the java
guidelines and beating them into shape. Unfortunately I haven't found any time
for this sofar.

I really think that it would be better to spend time creating proper
guidelines, then it would be to spend time discussion wether or not those
guidelines are needed.

So are there any volunteers for helping me with the guidelines?

Regards,

Hans