[NOT A SOLUTION] Fwd: automatically modifying scriptlets (included files) at package build time

Eddy Petrișor eddy.petrisor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 15:29:27 UTC 2008

On 18/03/2008, Eddy Petrișor <eddy.petrisor at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/03/2008, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
>  >
>  >  On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 16:33 +0200, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
>  >  > On 18/03/2008, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
>  >
>  >
>  > > >  You will want to work on copies of your SOURCEX's instead of SOURCEX
>  >  > >  directly.
>  >  >
>  >  > I will dig into this, since I really dislike having outside scripts doing this.
>  >
>  >
>  > I'd assume you to be pretty close to a functional solution and to be
>  >  facing issues with details of your implementation.
>

> Actually, I am stuck because it seems that the alteration happening in
>  the %prep phase either happens too late or happens on some temporary
>  files which do not end up in the binary rpm.
>
>  I suspect the later, since I see this in the build log:
>
>  + . common.inf
>  ++ VERS=2
>  ++ SUBVERS=1
>  ++ RELEASE=.i4.22
>  ++ echo 2.1..i4.22
>  ++ tr -s .
>  + export THISVER=2.1.i4.22
>  + THISVER=2.1.i4.22
>  + echo 'This version (as sourced from the package) is: 2.1.i4.22'
>  This version (as sourced from the package) is: 2.1.i4.22
>  + sed -i 's#^THISVER=.*#THISVER="2.1.i4.22"#'
>  /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/common.pre.sh
>  + sed -i 's#^THISVER=.*#THISVER="2.1.i4.22"#'
>  /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/common.post.sh
>  + exit 0

Actually the replace  is made on the real
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/common.post.sh, but it seems those files are
already part of the running spec when I am doing the replacement.

I didn't saw this because I was doing builds in a chroot by feeding
the rpm inside that chroot a src.rpm.

--
Regards,
EddyP