Summary of the 2008-03-11 Packaging Committee meeting

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Mar 19 13:16:02 UTC 2008

Once upon a time, Dmitry Butskoy <buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru> said:
> Actually, there are servers without VGA card at all. Sometimes ago Linux
> began to support "serial console" (and even Grub supports it fine). For
> such servers, a vt220-compatible dumb terminals (normally) used as a
> console. (Certainly, these terminals are a little more modern than in
> the link above :) )

I use a DEC VT510 and a long serial cable to manage servers.  For some,
I use an IPMI serial console.

The problem with "use the compose key" is that most of us don't know how
to type somebody else's characters (well, that and the fact that my IBM
model M keyboard doesn't have a compose key).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>