Fedora 9 Beta, PackageKit and system-config-printer

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 23:11:02 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 22:57 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 04:25 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > In Pirut, I have enabled the media repository on some
> > systems too.
>
> Sure, we're going to solve that in a slightly different way. If the disk
> is in th drive, then the repo gets enabled and the disk used where
> possible, remove it, and the repo gets disabled. Much easier to use.

Except that it ignores the fact that having the CD available means that
it could be _much_ cheaper for me to get the package from there.  And
thus it's worthwhile to ask (... assuming the repo exists) rather than
just costing someone a lot of money to download something they already
downloaded.  Not to mention the fact that you could have an add-on
software CD which depends on things from the base.

Jeremy