Summary of the 2008-03-11 Packaging Committee meeting

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Mar 20 17:23:42 UTC 2008

Once upon a time, Dmitry Butskoy <buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru> said:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
> >Again, the time to install the few extra packages is trivial.  Minutes.
> >And in the real world you don't get extra credit for finishing 10
> >minutes faster,
>
> Not agree. I am working in production 24x7 environment, where 10 minutes
> cost too much...

If it is a "production 24x7 environment", then you either build a new
system and swap over or use kickstart to automatically build a
pre-tested and pre-configured setup.  If 10 minutes matter, you don't
wait for someone to click and choose install options and then manually
configure things.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>