xorg intel driver in rawhide

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 19:10:02 UTC 2008

2008/3/20 Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com>:
> On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 18:58 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
>  > But the intel driver is a bit interesting. With compiz enabled I get a
>  > crash quite regularly. X either restarts and puts me back to the login
>  > prompt or locks the machine up (machine might be OK but I have no way
>  > to remote access it via ssh to see). It seems that the crash mostly
>  > happens when alt+tabbing between apps. I think that might be when most
>  > of the cool effects happen (firefox running seems to make that more
>  > regular).
>
>  I see this one a lot.  I've resorted to metacity with compositer turned
>  on and I don't see the crash.

Is there a BZ report number for this that you're aware of?

>  I haven't seen any of your other issues.

I saw the shudder/update bug on another laptop in my old job but it
went away, I think the brightness one might be a combination of the
way the hardware keys are hooked up and i think there was newer way of
changing the brightness using keys in the newer driver (x standard or
something) over the way it was done in the F8 driver (but not 100% on
this as I'm no where near an X developer :).

Cheers,
Peter