Upstream error reporting - how to tell ?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 21 05:55:34 UTC 2008

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Philip Ashmore wrote:
>> those wishing to improve the Fedora experience don't have to create
>> multiple accounts with multiple upstream sources in order to report a bug?

> 2.  it's an upstream bug, not fedora-specific.  One of fedora's principles
> includes working upstream as much as possible, and that should apply not
> only to contributers, but to our users as well.

What is the best way to determine if the bug is fedora packaging /
distro specific v upstream bug:
a) is using the same fedora machine with untar, config, make, make
install of the upstream source enough ?

b) what about those extra compile flags that we might use that upstream
does not use ?

c) if a. is still showing the issue then would I need to repeat on a
non-fedora distro to show that the issue is not fedora specific ?

DaveT.