svn webDAV and MIME types

Brad Walker me at bradmwalker.com
Sat Mar 22 14:59:56 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 14:47 +0100, Christoph Höger wrote:
> When I use apache as svn backend I can share the repository via webDAV
> which is a nice feature. The problem is: I do not get correct MIME Types
> for the files inside the repo, because svn would use the property
> svn:mime-type which I would have to add manually.
>
> Is there a way to set this property automagically?

There's a way to set it automagically when first committing the files.
Open ~/.subversion/config and check out the [auto-props] section. Make
sure to 'enable-auto-props = yes'.

You'll still need to set the correct properties on the files in the
repository.

> Can I even use it, or does svn assume every non text/* file do be a
> binary?

Subversion will assume everything is either text/plain or
application/octet-stream unless you have auto-props enabled and
configured.

Brad Walker