Suggestion Next Release

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 04:00:20 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 7:43 PM, Igor Pires Soares <igorsoares at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If we need to drop the Nautilus browser mode to make the spin official
> there is no problem by me, but our users will not like it.

The question isn't will some users not like or not a specific customization
away from a default.  The question is, is it something specific to the scope
of your image concept.. or is it a generally applicable customization that
people have a disagreement with?  Yes the nautilus browser mode default that
some segment of the users think should be changed, but that desire isn't
locale specific, so it shouldn't be changed in a locale specific spin.  If
its going to be changed it needs to be changed across the board in how our
nautilus package behaves by default or not.

This goes for pretty much every potential customization. There's needs to be
a very good technical reason to override a default.. it needs to be 'broken'
and not just 'unpopular'.

-jef