Suggestion Next Release

Henrique Junior henriquecsj at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 04:55:41 UTC 2008

Hello *,

All this discussion shows important things, such as the fact that everyone
agrees with the issue of non-free content, but leads me to think on the
"infinite freedom" of our choices here.
I can't remember how long Nautilus has been distributed in spatial mode by
default, but by the users that I know, I believe that most of then prefer
the browser mode. In all these years of Fedora I (really) never seen an user
keeping the spatial mode and I want to ask to everyone here: who really the
uses the spatial mode?

By the way, if only changing the Nautilus mode may mean that the localized
spins can no longer be called Fedora, how far go our freedom to add a
wallpaper with the flag of our country under the theme Fedora, or choose a
collection of most popular icons such as Tango? Will this change the purpose
of a Fedora upstream too?

2008/3/23, Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com>:

> Igor Pires Soares wrote:
> > I really understand and agree why we should not include proprietary and
> > patented stuff in our spins, but I don't think changing the nautilus
> > window behavior is bad and I think some people is making a big deal of
> > this.
>

> I'm curious whether you've had a real discussion/vote/request from a large
> group
> of potential users to do this, or whether it is the personal preference of
> the
> few who are planning to do the spin?  While its a small change to make,
> and you
> could say others are making a big deal out of it... it is only one
> checkbox
> easily accessible to every user in mere seconds after they login.  I don't
> see
> the point of anyone (on either side of the preference) making a big deal
> out of it.
>

> --
> Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> www.lordmorgul.net
>   gpg 0xC99B1DF3 fingerprint CDEC 6FAD BA27 40DF 707E A2E0 F0F6 E622 C99B
> 1DF3
> No one now has, and no one will ever again get, the big picture. - Daniel
> Geer
> ----
> ----
>

> --