Using mock to build a chain of packages

Lubomir Kundrak lkundrak at redhat.com
Sun Mar 23 14:34:29 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 18:49 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I'm sure this must be a common question, but I can't work it out from
> the man page and various online mock resources.
>
> I want to build a 'chain' of packages in mock -- packages A, B and C
> where after A is built it must be installed because it is a
> BuildRequires for B, and similarly B must be installed before C is
> built.  None of these packages is in the Fedora verison (8) that I'm
> using.

What I am doing to achieve this is that I have a script, that adds
results of mock to a repository. Of course I have to determine the build
order by hand.

I guess koji is able to do this, but maybe a local koji installation is
a big overhead.

If there exists a better way, add me to the list of people who would be
glad to hear the solution.

Thanks,