Suggestion Next Release

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Sun Mar 23 16:40:43 UTC 2008

Dnia 2008-03-23, o godz. 16:21:24 "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com>
napisał(a):

> One of the interesting features of the RHN client was
> that the first thing it did was look to see if there was an update of
> itself, apply that and then re-exec itself to do the rest of the upgrade.
On the other hand,
1. I always update rpm, yum and apt first, then the rest of the distro, so if
someone is doing this with two passes, the second pass will benefit from the
changes,
2. first pass always pulls in lots of bits (like libgcc, new Python and
anything that brings with itself).

So:
1. I guess most people upgrade yum itself first, anyhow, no need to do it
automatically,
2. it still doesn't help, because the new version has to be downloaded with
some deps using the old version :)

Lam