Suggestion Next Release

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sun Mar 23 17:38:09 UTC 2008

Brian Pepple wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 10:13 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> I don't see how anyone with directories more than 2 levels deep or uses
>> it for system file access can tolerate the useless trail of intermediate
>> windows it leaves behind.  Have I missed something basic about how to
>> get rid of them?
>
> A mouse-middle-key double-click opens a directory, and closes it's
> parent.

Amazing what genius came up with that, try mouse middle button double clicking
with middle butten emulation, or with a slightly flaky scrollwheel (iow most).

And yet the people in favor of spatial view keep claiming this was designed by
a usability expert. As soon as someone says doubleclick with a different button
then left, he loses all credibility as usability expert.

+1 to dimi for having a poll about changing the default to open all links in
    browser mode.

And +1 to the poll in favor of changing the default.

Regards,

Hans