F9 Beta package revision issues

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 22:39:36 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Congrats on the Beta. Its (mostly) great, and I'm looking forward to
the final release. It looks to be yet another rocking release.

I updated from F8 + current updates to rawhide / nearly the beta late
last week using yum so I'm not sure if this is part of the problem.
Basically after a nearly a week of using I'm seeing a few small issues
(random crashes etc). Knowing of the mass recompile from gcc 4.1 to
4.3 I assume there must be some binary incompatibility so I did a 'rpm
-qa | grep fc8' to see what if any of the old F8 rpms were hanging
around and why (possible 3rd party repo etc).

I noticed that some of the build revisions of the F8 update is later
than that in rawhide. I assume the fix would be to bump the rawhide
version to be bigger than that of the F8 update. An example is imlib2.
Build 6 for the F8 package, build 5 for the rawhide one
(download.fedora.redhat.com gives me the same version so I don't think
its a mirrors issue). Also don't know if some of the fc8 hangers on
are due to them being replaced and not have obseletes set

I realise some of the list are noarch so probably don't need rebuilds,
but there looks to be a few small issues. I originally started poking
because I noticed that pidgin was less than stable.

Cheers,
Pete

[root at euuklonw7300b1n ~]# yum list imlib2
Loaded plugins: refresh-updatesd
rawhide                   100% |=========================| 2.4 kB    00:00
livna                     100% |=========================| 2.1 kB    00:00
Installed Packages
imlib2.x86_64                            1.4.0-6.fc8            installed
Available Packages
imlib2.x86_64                            1.4.0-5.fc9            rawhide
imlib2.i386                              1.4.0-5.fc9            rawhide

My list of the fc8 rpm hang around list is:
jomolhari-fonts-0.003-4.fc8.noarch
ghostscript-fonts-5.50-18.fc8.noarch
python-setuptools-0.6c7-2.fc8.noarch
fedora-gnome-theme-8.0.0-1.fc8.noarch
paktype-fonts-2.0-2.fc8.noarch
sazanami-fonts-gothic-0.20040629-4.20061016.fc8.noarch
fedora-screensaver-theme-1.0.0-1.fc8.noarch
fedorainfinity-gdm-theme-8.0.1-1.fc8.noarch
xorg-x11-fonts-truetype-7.2-3.fc8.noarch
lklug-fonts-0.2.2-5.fc8.noarch
fonts-sinhala-0.2.2-3.fc8.noarch
cjkunifonts-uming-0.1.20060928-4.fc8.noarch
fedora-icon-theme-1.0.0-1.fc8.noarch
python-louie-1.1-2.fc8.noarch
strace-4.5.16-2.fc8.x86_64
redhat-rpm-config-9.0.1-1.fc8.noarch
kacst-fonts-1.6.2-2.fc8.noarch
gnome-sharp-2.16.0-5.fc8.x86_64
fonts-arabic-2.1-2.fc8.noarch
atlas-3.6.0-12.fc8.x86_64
culmus-fonts-0.101-4.fc8.noarch
libsmbios-libs-0.13.13-1.fc8.x86_64
python-genshi-0.4.4-2.fc8.noarch
elisa-0.3.2-1.fc8.noarch
gnome-common-2.18.0-1.fc8.noarch
redhat-lsb-3.1-19.fc8.x86_64
module-init-tools-3.4-2.fc8.x86_64
fonts-hebrew-0.101-2.fc8.noarch
setroubleshoot-plugins-2.0.4-4.fc8.noarch
pyxdg-0.15-5.fc8.1.noarch
fedorainfinity-screensaver-theme-1.0.0-1.fc8.noarch
imlib2-1.4.0-6.fc8.x86_64