disk devices in F9 interchanged

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Wed Mar 26 15:57:13 UTC 2008

Joachim Backes wrote:
> I my actual F8, I have 2 disk devices: One Sata-Disk: /dev/sda, and 1
> IDE-Disk: /dev/sdb.
> But in F9 Beta, these two disks seem to be interchanged (/dev/sda <-->
> /dev/sdb). Is this true, and if yes, why?
>
> Regards

Should drive detection change from alpha to beta? Does it really make
any differnce?

F9 Beta changed my drive sequence from 360GB ide (sda) + 3 160GB satas
(sdb..d) to 3 160GB satas (sda..c) + 360GB ide (sdd).  Since I use LVs
and labels, the only issue was the bios boot sequence which anaconda
ignored and I fixed during boot configuration during install.

F9 alpha, F8, unity and centos all saw the drive sequences the same and
bios boot sequence was correct.