xorg intel driver in rawhide

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Wed Mar 26 22:15:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 20:12 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> (Not sure who the original was from at this point, but ...)
>
> On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 21:06 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > >  just like to add that I am also seeing the backlight issue on similar
> > >  hardware to the poster.
>
> Note that at least some backlight problems should be resolved with
> xorg-x11-drv-i810-2.2.1-15.fc9 which will be in rawhide tomorrow (and
> available from koji now).  If you've been having problems, please try it
> and let us know of any problems.  Similarly, if you haven't been having
> problems, try it and let us know of any regressions :-)
>
> Jeremy

A possible regression for me. At work I suspended my laptop, came home,
opened it up, was working for a half hour or so. I've noticed screen
flashes every so often, like the screen would blank for a microsecond.
Well just now, the screen just shut off. Switching to vt1 didn't display
anything and switching back to vt7 didn't either. I ended up going back
to vt7 and rebooting from the terminal window I was working in before
the blank. I just checked the logs and nothing stood out.

I only send this in case anyone else has the problem. I'm currently
working with no xorg.conf, everything autoconfigured.  I'm also not
doing any modesetting stuff either.

Thanks,

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |