Suggestion Next Release

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 13:51:13 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 08:11 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> If you have very shallow directory trees and don't attempt system
>> administration or navigating network shares it is sort-of tolerable.
>> But what good is a file manager that makes it too inconvenient to use
>> for real work?
>
> I have "real" filesystem stuff, I just make proper use of when to double
> click and when to shift-double click.  Often I'm moving content from one
> dir to another, and doing that by having multiple windows open to views
> of those folders (and some of their parents) makes this a lot easier
> than a single browse like window.

But, but, but... You've already got a perfectly fine multitasking,
multiwindowing system where you can open as many instances of something
as you want.  If you want several file manager window open, just open
them and park them where you want separately.  Why do applications need
to have anything to do with this on their own?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesesll at gmail.com