Res: Suggestion Next Release

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Thu Mar 27 21:20:55 UTC 2008

> In Fedora, maintainers on the whole decide how their package defaults
> should be. If you can't convince the maintainers, tough luck.

And by maintainers you mean upstream Gnome? I understand being close to
upstream, but not being able to flip a flag is a bit extreme... And
patently false too, as we have little tweaks all over the place.

If by maintainers you mean packagers, then yeah, you have a point.
But the point of the discussion was to convince them. Did we hear
from them, BTW?

> Polls aren't how we do things. Community != Democracy either.

Fair enough. But it was argued for it on the basis that people
use it, and to disprove that one point, a poll would be good.

However, if it comes down to convincing one person, who would
that be? What would it take?

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.