Suggestion Next Release

James Antill james at fedoraproject.com
Thu Mar 27 21:27:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 10:45 -0400, Dimi Paun wrote:

> Any sane engineering/UI design/consistency principle that was listed in
> this discussion suggests that going with a non-spacial default is the
> only reasonable thing to do.

 Please stop trying to confuse everyone, and asking for the same thing
again and again and again while adding no new information to the
thread...
 This thread has had at least 4 different tracks:

1. Fedora localization spins shouldn't change preferences and pass it
off as a localization change.

2. Without overwhelming support, Fedora doesn't diverge from upstream
esp. when it comes to configuration options that have had lots of
discussion upstream.

3. "Discussion" about various people's (who happen to be on f-d-l)
preferences of spacial vs. browser mode in nautilus.

4. Discussion about trying a "close old window, when opening new window
by default" option in spacial nautilus.

...from what I can see you keep arguing that your POV on #3 is the "one
true way" and so we should just ignore all the other points, and
everyone else's opinion, and do what you want.

--
James Antill <james at fedoraproject.com>
Fedora