First Impression on F9 beta

孙宗君 szj087 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 01:24:23 UTC 2008

Hi, all

Thanks for all your guys hardest effort to push F9 out. I install it
on my desktop without hesitation.

Install procedure goes smoothly. Works fine.

It works fine after rebooting. Maybe powering on faster than before
(F8, F7 ??). I don't count the time of F8's powering on.
Openoffice is launched quickly than F8 from my experience.

My PC is AMD X2 4200+, 1G DDR2 RAM, Seagate 250G SATA II. Nvidia 7600GS.

There are still some bugs there, maybe others have reported.

1. After rebooting (Many times), I can't see the session selection
from GDB (login screen) no matter what accout I use
2. I can't adjust the system whether I use root or common user
account. It reports "internal error" at the left bottom corner.
3. My monitor is ViewSonic VA703B, there is a slip of blind area at
the left side. The whole of X window shifts to rights. I can use
xvidtune to
   adjust it ( click left button on xvid tune panel). But even after I
add the Monitor section in the xorg.conf with  the parameter
   outputed by xvidtune (Modeline) in the xorg.conf. It doesn't work.
This problem has been existing from F7, F8. There is no such problem
if I
   use the proprietory driver from Nvidia site.

Anyway I think F9 has a lot of improvement compared with F9 Alpha.
Hope all the bugs will be fixed in the official release on Apr 29 :)

Thanks

BR

Zongjun