Application for GSoC Project - Package WebUI

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 16:07:33 UTC 2008

I wonder what the real goal is with this?
I read things where it seems like it's gonna be a AIO (All in one)
webapp for normal users and developers and i read things where it's
for normal users only.

I personally think that IF this is gonna be made and done as a GSoC
project than better make it a AIO project which has everything the
developers need (basically koji) and has everything the normal users
need (WebUI/PkgDB etc) and perhaps add in bugzilla reports per
application. so for example. when i look (as a user) on the firefox
page i see something simular of that what i made + a sidebar (or
something else) that contains many developer links like: Bugzilla
Reports. When clicked on that all the bugs that are filled against
firefox will also be available (as a list) in the package..

this would be the way to go if you ask me but than it isn't just a
WebUI for fedora's packages anymore.. it's WAY more. Also the things
that you (John) want to show in this is already nearly everything a
developer needs so that's also why i think it would be best to make a
AIO program of this.