Application for GSoC Project - Package WebUI

Izhar Firdaus kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 20:13:02 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 12:07 AM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder what the real goal is with this?

if for me, my goal would be trying to provide a place for users to
easily gain informations about a certain packages which interest them.
Also, to add features that would try to encourage contribution to the
package (wiki/updates-testing notification/etc)

>  I read things where it seems like it's gonna be a AIO (All in one)
>  webapp for normal users and developers and i read things where it's
>  for normal users only.

AIO sounds more like a target for MyFedora .. a one stop place to
access everything Fedora .. while PackageWebUI/PkgDB would be focusing
on things surrounding packages, and try to be good at it.

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 2:56 AM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just found something that would probably fit nicely in this project as well.
>  When you simply list the applications that are under a category you
>  _could_ get a simple list.. or you could get a (still simple) list
>  with some more information [1] which will be nice for new users.
>  Expereinced users might also find it nice to have.
>
>  Take a look at this link [1]. I especially like the reting behind it.
>  Now another good example of this is the *-look sites (kde-look,
>  gnome-look, xfce-look etc....

+1 .. though i would prefer labels/tag approach rather than fixed categories

--
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru