Fedora 9 beta - livecd-iso-to-disk

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 01:16:46 UTC 2008

Philip Ashmore wrote:
> After downloading Fedora-9-Beta-Live-KDE-i686.iso I mounted it using

> I tried filing a bug report in RedHat/Bugzilla against "Fedora 9 Beta
> KDE live CD" but I couldn't find an entry, so I'm posting here.

While running the Live CD find out which package is providing that script, and
file the bug against that package.  Use rpm -qf ./path/to/script

> Basically this script should be smarter in two ways.
>
> 1. Know if the partition is on a disk that already has grub installed in
> the boot sector and just update the grub directory (easy?).

Yes that should probably be done instead and the kernel install %post scriptlets
should probably have everything that needs to know how to do it.

> 2. Allow a "full install from ISO" to the specified partition and ask
> questions afterward (harder?).

Anaconda runtime should handle that use case, installing to disk while booted
from Live CD is an anaconda job.  Was there no 'Install' desktop launcher?  I
haven't booted an F9 beta live cd yet so I'm not sure whether that is there.