mailing list for cross-distributions collaboration

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Sat Mar 1 18:48:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

A few months ago, I asked a set of questions on development mailing
lists of a few GNU/Linux distributions. This resulted in very
interesting discussions. As promised back then, all the answers from all
distros I contacted can be read at [0] (on the web) or [1] (as an mbox
file).

[0] http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/distributions/
[1] http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/distributions/distributions.mbox.gz

Also, Freedesktop.org kindly agreed to host a mailing list to ease
discussions between distributions, and act as a central point of
contact.  You can subscribe on [2], and post to
distributions at lists.freedesktop.org.

This mailing list is for people involved (or interested) in the
development of distributions. Questions that are on-topic are both
technical and social/organizational issues, like:
- How do you achieve graphical boot in your distro? Do you use some kind
  of dependancy-based or events-based boot?
- How do you package both ruby 1.8, ruby 1.9 and jruby, or handle KDE vs
  KDE4?
- Do you use a system that gives a limited set of rights to new
  contributors?

Off-topic stuff obviously include trolling about which distribution is
the best one, or user support.

Don't hesitate to forward this mail to all interested parties.  Let's
make this mailing list something useful together!
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |