submitting ideas to Fedora

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Sat Mar 1 21:07:44 UTC 2008

On 2008-02-29, 14:48 GMT, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> You don't understand the idea. Bug trackers are not nice for
> n00bs.

Of course I don’t understand anything, but for the last fifteen
years or so that I am around, bugzillas and email lists were
enough to get Linux where it is now, which is not that bad IMHO.
Then from time to time somebody has a wonderful idea, that the
only sensible mean of communication is that people have to
register to yet another site, and write to TEXTAREA there. He
puts such site together with some CMS/wiki, couple of hundred
already known items are put there. That’s easy.

Then nobody bothers to communicate with developers (because they
have better things to do than browse around the web to find
whether somebody had not a yet another great idea what they
should do) and file all those bugs into bugzillas, and maintain
the website to be up-to-date (it’s a lot of work to emulate
bugzilla with tools which were provided for that — I know it,
because that’s my job to do it) and there is yet another
bitrotten website which nobody cares about.

Sorry, I am afraid that people who cannot be bothered to
subscribe to the list, or to subscribe to bugzilla, has anything
interesting to contribute to the discussion.

And besides,
http://slashdot.org/features/98/10/13/1423253.shtml

Best,

Matěj