netinst.iso stage2

Richard Hally rhally at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 1 22:02:54 UTC 2008

In trying out the new netinst.iso,(3/1/08) I downloaded it and used the
livecd-iso-to-usb to put it on a stick. It boots on the target system and I
select "url" to do a net install. It then proceeds to download the stage2.img
from the network rather than use the one on the media(USB stick). Is that
intended or something that needs to be fixed?
The reason I ask is that it seems like a waste of bandwidth to redownload stage2
every time you run an install when it has already been downloaded.

Thanks,
Richard