RFC: Page size on PPC/PPC64 builders

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Mar 3 14:48:14 UTC 2008

Josh Boyer <jwboyer <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Where are the test machines for x86_64 documented at?  I don't have one
> of those and there are no publicly available test machines that I know
> of.  I guess x86_64 should be dropped to.

QEMU can help. It's very slow (about 50 times slower than native hardware), but
it can do the job. For example, all of:
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/z88dk/devel/z88dk-1.7-64bit.patch?rev=1.1&view=markup
was developed and tested with qemu-system-x86_64 on a 32-bit host.

You may also be able to test ppc or ppc64 that way, last I checked, I wasn't
able to get Fedora PPC to work in QEMU, but hopefully that has been fixed
since.

        Kevin Kofler