spec file changes: removing Release: and %changelog

Lubomir Kundrak lkundrak at redhat.com
Thu Mar 6 09:29:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 13:42 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:

> Third, we could switch to a revision control system with
>
> * Atomic commits

Hm, and your idea is to bump the release on each commit? What if I want
to tag and increment the revision only when building. My workflow is:

Bump revision
Do a change, add it to changlog, commit.
Do a change, add it to changlog, commit.
Tag, Build.

How would atomic commits be possibly helpful to this?