Last minute Nautilus change for Fedora 9

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 00:13:14 UTC 2008

2008/3/8, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com>:
> Here's a little secret..setting a severity higher as the reporter
>  doesn't mean a maintainer will agree that your issue is of significant
>  severity to be bumped up in the priority list.  Don't get your
>  feathers ruffled if noone responds any faster if you set the severity
>  to high.  It's not a crasher or dataloss issue, so don't expect anyone
>  to put this sort of issue ahead of things like that.  I personally
>  would consider setting this to a high severity as an abuse of bugzilla
>  reporting, and if you did it to a bug against one of my packages I'd
>  pretty much instantly make a point of remembering that I need to
>  re-calibrate any high severity reports from you as low severity... but
>  that's just me.

it was just a _question_ calm down.

>  There is a desktop list..specifically for discussion of desktop issues
>  that require discussion.
>  I think you jumped the gun a little bit by calling for a vote before
>  making the effort to discuss this on the desktop-list.

Sorry, didn't realize. And i don't have ALL the fedora lists in my
gmail to mail to.. gmails space is limited you know ;) but i believe i
can send mails to those lists without subscribing right?

>  Calling for votes like this before an appropriate discussion in the
>  appropriate location (desktop-list in this case, if the maintainer
>  doesn't respond in a timely manner..give it a week).. reeks of an
>  effort to abuse governance structures to force the introduction of pet
>  features. And I have a big problem with that, and I make absolutely no
>  excuses for coming down hard on people who do it... because it needs
>  to be done to discourage a tidal wave of other people from doing it
>  for their pet features and bogging down structures like fesco with
>  wasting time on this sort of stuff.

I already agreed on that all. no need to repeat yourself. You where
clear the first time.

>  -jef

Mark