rawhide report: 20080307 changes

Colorado Rob colorado.rob at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 23:45:08 UTC 2008

2008/3/8 Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com>:

> On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 07:47 -0700, Colorado Rob wrote:
> > Why does totem not show up as a broken dependency on this list?
>
> Because the problem exists with your /installed/ totem-nautilus-xine
> package, which is no longer there in rawhide.  Rawhide itself doesn't
> have a dep issue, it's just an artifact of previous packages on your
> system.  That's why it doesn't show up.

That seems a bit presumptuous:

rpm -q totem-nautilus-xine
package totem-nautilus-xine is not installed

rpm -qa | grep totem
totem-nautilus-2.21.93-2.fc9.x86_64
totem-2.21.93-2.fc9.x86_64
totem-pl-parser-2.21.92-1.fc9.x86_64
totem-mozplugin-2.21.93-2.fc9.x86_64

These are all rawhide packages.

rpm -q --whatrequires totem
totem-nautilus-2.21.93-2.fc9.x86_64

rpm -q --whatrequires totem-nautilus-2.21.93-2.fc9.x86_64
no package requires totem-nautilus-2.21.93-2.fc9.x86_64

I'm certainly happy to entertain suggestions and delve deeper into this.
But let's not jump to any conclusions before all the facts are in.

Regards,

Rob