F8 kernel-2.6.24.3-12.fc8

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Mar 11 04:17:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 07:30 +0100, Leszek Matok wrote:
> Dnia 2008-03-10, o godz. 09:08:09 Rodd Clarkson <rodd at clarkson.id.au>
> napisał(a):
>
> > The other is that I don't have time to upgrade multiple fedora installs
> > when they are no longer supported.
> If not the regressions which come with every release, you'd need 1/100th of the
> time and wouldn't be scared to update, aren't I right? For me, you install
> CentOS for only one reason, not two.

Actually, having built most of the boxes on which I've installed Fedora
for friends and fanily, I can tell you they are modest, but fit for
purpose, and that the problems being had here aren't likely to affect
them.

In fact, they usually use Fedora because they are sick of Windows
viruses and malware, but they rarely update their installs and more
often than not I upgrade because I need to do something and updates are
no longer available for there installs.

long term support is extremely attractive in some cases.

 It's much better on my side"