Beecrypt retired

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 11 21:08:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> Well for FLOSS at least we could do it. But have you read the second
> part of Steve's suggestion? That about packaging beecrypt into their
> application? Of course Fedora will still contain more crypto libraries
> than 1 or 2 for many future releases but what about other distros? I for
> example don't see much probability in having beecrypt included in future
> RHEL releases.

HAHA. Somebody working for Fedora Project which is always telling not to
ship a private library but always use the system one suggests such a thing
to me? And I don't care about other distributions and well, beecrypt could
end up in a future EPEL release - even if I've to maintain there myself ;)

Greetings,
  Robert