gnome-applets dependency problem

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 12 13:58:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 13:49 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 02:04:40PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > x86_64 package. Thus I removed gnome-applets.i386 and its deps to work
> > around the problem. I filed it in my internal "multilib sometimes sucks"
> > category and didn't report it.
>
> Removing gnome-applets.i386 and gnome-panel.i386 (to resolve a
> subsequent problem) seems to have fixed it.

We really could use some debug information on some of these cases.

To be fair, though, if you don't need the i386 versions and you're using
a rawhide version of yum you can set multilib_policy=best in your
yum.conf and yum will no longer install matching i386 pkgs for each
x86_64 pkg it installs.

-sv