Beecrypt retired

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 11:42:10 UTC 2008

On Thursday 13 March 2008 04:38:16 am Patrice Dumas wrote:
> I'd say leave it to the packager and use the usual disagreement
> procedure (complain to the list, escalate to fesco).

What is different about this is that the package in question is crypto
related. There are export restrictions and a lot of tracking associated with
it. If you leave it in the distribution, eventually someone will base their
new project off of it and all the work we did to remove it is all for
nothing.

Let the package die.

-Steve