Fedora 9 Beta, PackageKit and system-config-printer

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Thu Mar 13 17:24:28 UTC 2008

Hi.

As far as I've understood this, PackageKit (with gnome-packagekit for Gnome
and KDE) will be the default graphical package manager in the beta. For now,
system-config-printer with it's runtime
dependecy "/usr/bin/system-install-packages" (which is provided by pirut) is
in @base-x. So both, gnome-packagekit and pirut, would be on the live images
and also on a default installation from the DVD.

My question here is if this is intended?

Sebastian